POSITION REPORTS TO: Medical Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Wage and Hour Exempt
Consistent with the Center’s goals and objectives as defined by the Board of Directors and the Pennsylvania Medical Practice Act, provide comprehensive medical health care to all patients within the limitations of the facility’s space, equipment, and support personnel. Maintain staff privileges (Courtesy) for the treatment of patients needing hospitalization at a Lancaster County hospital.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide examinations, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of both ambulatory and hospitalized patients as needed.
• Implement and participate in medical programs consistent with the goals and objectives outlined by the Board of Directors.
• Assure 24 hour management and accessibility to patients in a rotation with other medical providers.
• Develop and update patient care protocols with other medical providers.
• Prepare monthly provider schedule to assure adequate coverage for Center hours.
• Recommend medical supply and equipment purchases to the Medical Director.
• Maintain adequate and properly documented problem oriented records.
• Participate in all Center Total Quality Improvement policies and activities.
• Participate in medical audits as required.
• Assure compliance with infectious waste protocols.
• Perform other appropriate duties as required.
Must have received M.D. or D.O. from accredited medical school; Family Practice Board eligibility preferred. Possess a current Pennsylvania license to practice medicine and current DEA licensure. Meet the qualifications that may be required for hospital staff privileges and third party payer credentialing.
POSITION SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position requires the daily supervision of the ancillary medical staff positions.
Reports to the Medical Director in clinical matters in conjunction with the CEO.
Reports to the CEO in all matters and to the Board of Directors as required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific (medical and dental) and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To fulfill the responsibility of this position travel to various areas of the region is required. Employee must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle. Overnight travel might be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.