PHYSICIAN – FULL TIME AND PART-TIME (BI-LINGUAL A PLUS)
POSTING DATE: MARCH 16, 2017
We are looking for B/C, B/E Family Medicine/Med-Peds physicians with a passion for serving the underserved! FQHC and Joint Commission approved practices in Philadelphia, PA. We offer great salary plus flexible work schedule and clinic locations! We are hiring! Center City, Northeast Philadelphia, and North Philadelphia! An additional site will be opening at Temple University Hospital Located midway between NYC and DC. Short drive to the Pocono Mountains and the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Student loan repayment and exceptional benefits
• No/light call
Perfect lifestyle opportunity! Multiple opportunities including Rising Sun Health Center, Congreso and a location onsite at Temple University Hospital
The Physician will provide primary health care services at the health center. The Physician will be responsible for collaborating with an interdisciplinary team to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and productivity in the provision of quality primary care.
• Provides primary care to patients in an FQHC hospital-based environment in an urban setting
• Coordinate and provide primary care services to target population
• Maintain confidentiality of clinical records in accordance with HIPAA regulations
• Work within all state/federal laws and regulations and collaborating physician agreements
• Maintain positive relationships with managed care agencies, commercial providers, public and private funders and community organizations
• Participate in quality improvement, regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Perform other tasks as directed
• Completion of a three-year accredited Medical Residency program
• Board certification or eligibility within applied specialty
• Eligibility for staff privileges to local hospitals associated with the health center
• Understanding of the principles of community health care and service to special populations
• Spanish language skills preferred; cultural competence required
• Basic Life Support certification
• Ability to travel between worksites as needed
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including friendliness, empathy, patience, kindness, politeness and helpfulness
• Strong leadership and communication skills required.
• Must be flexible and have a positive attitude.
• Extensive knowledge of current health care needs and issues of children, adolescents and adults.
• Ability to collect adequate client data, conduct a physical exam, interpret physical findings and manage or refer patients as conditions or protocols dictate
• 5+ years clinical experience.
• Experience in, ambulatory primary care, community health and/or behavioral health required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Graduate of an accredited school of medicine; currently licensed in the State of Pennsylvania?
• MD or DO, Board Certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
• Unrestricted PA license
• DEA license
SALARY: Based on education and experience.
• CONTACT INFORMATION: Apply online at www.phmc.org through Ultipro portal
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. PHMC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the health center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.