ADULT/FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (BI-LINGUAL A PLUS)
Specialized Health Services
POSTING DATE: MARCH 16, 2017
Adult/Family Nurse Practitioner will provide primary care services for adults or families, according to certification, in community-based nurse-managed health centers to diverse and underserved populations. Employee will report to the Clinical Director Nurse Practitioner Administrator
• Provide primary care services.
• Work within all state and federal laws and regulations and the agreement with the collaborative physician.
• Manage acute and chronic health problems using evidence-based protocols.
• Provide health screenings, immunizations and other disease prevention programs.
• Advance the role of advanced practice nurses in underserved areas through advocacy and other professional activities.
• Notify immediate supervisor of significant problems.
• Provide age-appropriate assessment and interventions in order to meet the needs of patients and families served
• Provides patient/family education, health counseling, and health advocacy services to patients, their families and significant others.
• Maintain positive relationships with funding sources and community organizations.
• Perform other related tasks and duties as directed and assigned.
• Work as a member of the Primary Care Medical Home team to provide integrated health services
• Document all services in a timely manner
• Supervise staff as appropriate
• Act in the capacity of a mandated reporter to both the State of Pennsylvania and the Joint Commission
• Ability to engage resistant clients
• Extensive knowledge of current health care needs of the homeless and mentally ill adults.
• Ability to collect adequate client data, conduct a physical exam, interpret physical findings and manage or refer patients as conditions or protocols dictate
• Good verbal communication and writing skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize work day to meet changing needs of program and clients
• Ability to work within a team framework and respond positively to team members concerns
• Ability to track work to completion and compile reports
Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania. Three (3) years of nursing experience, at least two (2) of which shall have been as an Advanced Practice Nurse in a related specialty, preferred, but not required. One (1) year of supervisory/managerial experience preferred
• Licensed as a RN and APN Nurse Practitioner.
SALARY: Based on education and experience
• CONTACT INFORMATION: Apply online at www.phmc.org through Ultipro portal
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. PHMC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the health center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.