BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CONSULTANT
*POSTING DATE: March 12, 2017
Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker sought to work as a primary care team member and provide short-term clinical behavioral health consultation services in a fast-paced setting. Services must be provided in a manner that upholds the health center’s mission and quality standards, results in better patient health outcomes and provider and patient satisfaction, and strengthens the operational and fiscal capacity of the health center.
Behavioral Health Consultation in the context of primary care
• Consultation with primary care providers to improve patient care, enhance understanding of patients, provide support for treatment planning, and assist in the implementation and monitoring of evidenced-based assessments and interventions.
• Individual, couples, family and group consultation including:
o Functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis;
o Psychoeducation for patients and their support systems;
o Medication adherence counseling and disease self management counseling;
o Motivational Interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction
o Brief problem solving cognitive intervention aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self efficacy;
o Self-Care Plan development and skills training to improve coping, reduce stress, and teach relaxation techniques
o Substance use/abuse evaluation, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies. Knowledge of medication assisted treatment.
o Coordination of Care – Provide consultation to and coordinate care of patients with health center primary care staff. Identify, refer, and advocate for patients needing specialty behavioral health service, and other services as needed.
o Crisis Intervention – Be immediately available to other health center staff during working hours in the event of a psychiatric emergency. Participate as a member of the health center staff in the event of any other kind of emergency.
Population Management – Identify population health issues and work with other providers to develop comprehensive strategies to address them.
Charting – Complete all charting as needed and required by contracted funding sources: including assessments, SOAP notes, and billing.
• Excellent engagement, assessment, and clinical skills.
• Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Knowledge of medication assisted treatments
• Experience working in a medical setting
• Medical literacy
• Experience working in behavioral medicine and health psychology
• Experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Comfort with evidenced-based protocols
• Experience with Cognitive Behavioral and Motivational Interviewing techniques
• Comfort working with diverse populations ( i.e. race, ethnicity, diagnoses, age ranges)
• Licensed Psychologist (in Pennsylvania)
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (in Pennsylvania)
• *CONTACT INFORMATION: Apply online at www.phmc.org through Ultipro portal
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. PHMC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the health center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.