Metro Community Health Center is seeking to add a full-time Board Certified Psychiatrist to our small dedicated team of Primary Care Providers. This is a new position created by an expansion in our scope of services.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
• Responsible for the direction, development, and overall management of our integrated behavioral health services team
• Outpatient Only
• Diverse Patient Population
• Adult patients with a small adolescent patient population
• Work-Life Balance with a Monday through Friday schedule
• Single location practice
ABOUT METRO COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Metro Community Health Center was established in 1999 and received Federally Qualified Health Center Look Alike (FQHC-LA) status in 2002. Several characteristics make our practice unique, including (1) our commitment to reaching out to underserved members of our community; (2) our philosophy of holistic, patient-centered healthcare; (3) our reputation for providing culturally sensitive care to various populations; and (4) the fact that our practice was established by a community-driven call answered by physicians in direct response to the declining availability of health care in our service area. In the mid-1990’s, a decrease in clinical services occurred when Forbes Health System sold Forbes MCHC Hospital and relocated its physicians to other parts of the county. Following the close of the hospital, several private physician practices and the hospital emergency room in the neighborhood also closed their doors. A community needs assessment revealed that these closures created a growing unmet demand for primary care services. A group of physicians with an intensive background in community and preventive medicine answered this call, recognizing that this unmet need would only be magnified as healthcare services moved out of the area. In order to maintain and increase access to care, this group of physicians formed
Metro Community Health Center whose mission is:
• To care for the whole person in a safe and respectful setting.
• To encourage patients to partner with our clinicians and staff in planning their care.
• To be guided by the needs of our patients.
• To respond to those needs with respect for the individual and their beliefs about health and healing.
• To serve Wilkinsburg, Swissvale and the nearby communities by offering health care to all people, at every stage of life, without regard to their ability to pay.
• To serve the uninsured, under-insured, HIV positive, and the LGBT residents of the region
In March of 2014, Metro Community Health Center relocated its health center 1.7 miles from its former location. As a result of this relocation, the total exam rooms have grown from 9 to 15. One year later, March 2015, MCHC Community Health Center expanded its scope for the integration of Behavioral Health Services. Our Licensed Clinical Social Worker leads the Integrated Behavioral Health Model to support the service provider concept for mental health & substance abuse referrals within our health center.