Responsible for the coordination, delivery and supervision of clinical health services at Metro Community Health Center. Establishes and maintains standards of patient care for Primary and integrated Behavioral Health Services.
• In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, plans, develops and implements health care programs to meet productivity standards for primary care patients.
• Provides primary care services to patients in a manner in accordance with all Center standards of practice.
• Directs and coordinates all clinical aspects of medical care for his/her patients.
• Establishes and ensures the maintenance of professional medical practice as it relates to the quality and delivery primary and integrated behavioral medicine.
• Serves as member of Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Committee, provides leadership in Performance Improvement activities, and coordinates clinical quality efforts, as needed. Oversees and provides direct medical care with the support of the clinical team members.
• Attend Leadership Team meetings, MCHC staff meetings, meetings of the board of directors and QA/PI meetings.
• Works collaboratively with outside agencies including hospitals and provider groups.
• Works collaboratively with CMO, CEO and CFO to optimize work flow and productivity.
PATIENT CARE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates in continuing education as required for professional license maintenance.
• Coordinates with patients, providers, hospitals, and outside organizations regarding patient care issues.
• Participates in peer review by performing chart review and working with the quality improvement committee to develop clinical assessment tools, etc.
• Provides quality comprehensive primary care for a diverse population of at-risk patients, particularly the LGBT community. Provides direct patient care in a full-time position, including, if needed, evening work; other clinical administrative duties such as meetings, quality assurance, follow-up on test results, and completion of patient forms.
• Provides comprehensive follow-up of laboratory tests including notification of patients of all results according to Metro Community Health Center guidelines, and to provide appropriate follow-up of all abnormal results following the highest standards of medical care.
• Provides education to patients on health promotion and disease prevention.
• Writes and refills prescriptions.
• Makes medically necessary patient referrals to specialists and for hospitalization or recuperative care, or other appropriate care such as drug or alcohol detoxification. Provides appropriate information to facilitate continuity of care.
• Provides urgent and emergency care as required in the course of offering primary medical care.
• Provides, with other physician staff members, continuous physician coverage, while on-site or by telephone.
• Prepares accurate correspondence, reports, and technical documentation as required for communication, recordkeeping, and/or reporting.
• Records all patient information timely using Electronic Medical Records, in accordance with the guidelines and standards of Metro Community Health Center.
• Reviews and authorizes nurse’s notes and documentation required for billing purposes. Provides Metro Community Health Center support staff with adequate physician leadership.
• Serves as physician supervisor for nurse practitioners and physician assistants, ensuring the highest quality clinical care for patients co-managed.
• Helps educate peers and other clinic staff by providing talks in areas of interest and expertise.
• Participates in the teaching of medical students and residents and acts as a role model and mentor for students, residents and fellows as indicated.
• Responds to Behavioral Health and Case Management requests.
• Attends and actively participates in department meetings, general staff meetings, quality assurance meetings, and other meetings, as required.
• Performs any other reasonable and appropriate duties at the request of the CMO.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• Must have a Medical Degree (MD or DO)
• Must be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
• Experience in an outpatient health clinic setting, and experience in a community health center setting working with underserved populations preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required:
• Must be appropriately Board Certified or Board-Eligible in Primary Care specializing in Family Medicine.
• Must successfully complete the required credentialing process
• Knowledge of care models and treatment as it relates to LGBT Medicine & Transgender Care.
• Must have current CPR and ACLS certification
• Must have a valid driver’s license
The work involves considerable sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting on a daily basis. Must be willing to participate in on-call activities. Must be able to work under physically, mentally and emotionally demanding conditions. Metro Community Health Center requires all clinical staff to follow the Practice of Universal Precautions as required by federal and state laws and regulations. The employee is occasionally required to manage and diffuse potentially disruptive patient behavior. Travel may be required. May be required to work evenings and weekends. May be required to provide patient care in locations away from primary work site.
• Work under the administrative direction of the Chief Medical Officer, and in accordance with professional standards and protocols. The Chief Medical Officer establishes goals and objectives for patient care, and assumes direct accountability for outcomes and performance.
Annual Salary: Based on experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
A Candidate for this position should have:
• Principles, practices, methods and techniques in the field of medicine and integrated behavioral health.
• Federal, state, and other applicable standards for clinical practice
• HIPAA regulations
• Health care issues related to homelessness including: mental illness, substance abuse, criminal history, and physical and sexual abuse
• Protocol for handling crisis situations
• Appropriate supervision methods
• Making appropriate assessments and judgments and to learn and keep abreast of health care services developments
• Communicate effectively with patients and other health care providers
• Patient examination and diagnosis
• Supervision of staff
• Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Perform health care services tasks that fall within the scope of practice
• Use a computer for patient care documentation and general business purposes
• Remain flexible with work hour changes
• Effectively manage a full caseload of patients
• Manage multiple tasks and projects
• Collaborate and work effectively as part a multi-disciplinary team
• Interact effectively and appropriately with at-risk individuals
• Commit to the philosophy and mission of Metro Community Health Center which serves the LGBT and at-risk population groups.
Practice info – ABOUT METRO COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER Metro Family Practice, Inc., Inc. (MFP) was established in 1999 and received Federally Qualified Health Center Look Alike (FQHC-LA) status in 2002. Several characteristics make our practice unique, including (1) our commitment to reaching out to underserved members of our community; (2) our philosophy of holistic, patient-centered healthcare; (3) our reputation for providing culturally sensitive care to various populations; and (4) the fact that our practice was established by a community-driven call answered by physicians in direct response to the declining availability of health care in our service area. In the mid-1990’s, a decrease in clinical services occurred when Forbes Health System sold Forbes MCHC Hospital and relocated its physicians to other parts of the county. Following the close of the hospital, several private physician practices and the hospital emergency room in the neighborhood also closed their doors. A community needs assessment revealed that these closures created a growing unmet demand for primary care services. A group of physicians with an intensive background in community and preventive medicine answered this call, recognizing that this unmet need would only be magnified as healthcare services moved out of the area. In order to maintain and increase access to care, this group of physicians formed Metro Family Practice, Inc., a community health center whose mission is:
• To care for the whole person in a safe and respectful setting.
• To encourage patients to partner with our clinicians and staff in planning their care.
• To be guided by the needs of our patients.
• To respond to those needs with respect for the individual and their beliefs about health and healing.
• To serve Wilkinsburg, Swissvale and the nearby communities by offering health care to all people, at every stage of life, without regard to their ability to pay.
• To serve the uninsured, under-insured, HIV positive, and the LGBT residents of the region
In March of 2014, Metro Family Practice, Inc. (DBA MCHC Community Health Center) relocated its health center 1.7 miles from its former location. As a result of this relocation, the total exam rooms have grown from 9 to 15. One year later, March 2015, MCHC Community Health Center expanded its scope for the integration of Behavioral Health Services. Our Licensed Clinical Social Worker leads the Integrated Behavioral Health Model to support the service provider concept for mental health & substance abuse referrals within our health center.
To Apply: Please send CV & Salary Expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Call Time – Yes
Do you take J-1’s: No