La Comunidad Hispana (LCH), Kennett Square, offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs for Latinos and other low-income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH integrates healthcare with supportive services and education to empower patients to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive fulfilling lives. CRNPs may also participate in advocacy, case management and facilitation services as needed.
The primary function of the Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner is to assure the provision of quality primary care services to Chester County families. Services of the Family Nurse Practitioner at LCH include the following: physical examinations and immunizations, chronic disease management, acute episodic care for infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide quality and culturally sensitive and competent primary care services to insured and non-insured clients and their families following national evidenced-based guidelines and standards of practice.
• Provide counseling for clients seeking HIV information and testing as a component of primary care.
• Assess real and potential health problems with regard to life-style behaviors, occupational hazards, and genetic predisposition; provide information and counseling as needed.
• Follow-up of clients having abnormal lab or imaging results.
• Follow-up of clients / referral to specialty services.
• Identify clients eligible for the Healthy Woman 50+ program and register accordingly.
• Participate in case management meetings.
• Identify the need for and initiate the development of medical protocols for specified health problems.
• Participate in Quality Assurance / Peer review reviews and analysis.
• Participate in community outreach and education programs as requested.
• Assure confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
• Participate in regular staff meetings: Health Center Staff meetings; LCH All Staff meetings, case management meetings and other task force committee meetings as needed.
• Conduct patient-oriented consultation meetings with the physician- consultant/collaborator as needed
• Works with Practice Manager to help identify continuing education needs for clinical and support staff.
• Maintains regular attendance; performs all duties in a timely manner; attends all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor or CEO.
• Follows all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
• Respects confidentiality at all times.
• Full-time CRNPs at LCH are required to work a minimum of one evening a week and will share on-call services for weekends, after hours, and holidays.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing with a Master’s Degree in Advance Practice Nursing.
• Holds current or eligible for RN, CRNP licenses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Credentialed or eligible for credentialing under Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurance.
• Eligible for prescriptive privileges in Pennsylvania.
• Public Health/ Community health experience is preferred.
• Experience working with a second culture is preferred.
• Holds Current CPR certification.
• Bilingual: proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
• Proficiency in office-based applications: EMR (experience with Centricity preferred), MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet use is required.
• Must possess superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and be detail-oriented.
• Customer Service Skills (patient, empathetic, responds to patient’s emotional state, patient interview is pertinent to patient’s visit).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
• Must emulate LCH mission and values in working with patients and staff.
• Must be capable of employing time-management skills for projects with varying timelines; must be able to work under pressure.
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.