• Must have at least two years of experience in one or both of the following areas:
o Working with health insurance programs in areas such as assisting people with the application, facilitating enrollment, explaining insurance policies, and helping people choose a plan that best suits them;
o Performing community outreach, preferably about health or social services programs.
• Working knowledge of the Pennsylvania Medical Assistance Program, CHIP, and the public assistance benefit application is preferred.
• Extensive experience needed engaging with community members, including public speaking, training, and/or individual and small group engagement.
• Some understanding of the Affordable Care Act and the Marketplace and enthusiasm for enrolling individuals in health insurance is required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to type at least 40 wpm.
• Able to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of and ability to work and engage with the uninsured, under-served and under-represented populations.
• Individuals who are bilingual/bicultural are encouraged to apply. Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese, Chinese, Hindi, Haitian Creole or Russian strongly preferred.
Position Type and Work Schedule
This is a full-time, non-exempt, temporary position (October-March). Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Standard office setting plus regularly scheduled community outreach events.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
• Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
• Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.