Family Practice & Counseling Network is seeking a Registered Nurse to join The Health Annex Health Center located in the Southwest section of Philadelphia. The Registered Nurse functions as a member of a progressive, interdisciplinary team. The RN impacts the health of individuals, families and the community through health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease care including monitoring and evaluating health services and outcomes and documenting services. The RN supports patients, families and the community to achieve their highest level of wellness, learn to live with or recover from illness, enhance their care capabilities and to support their right to make choices. As a valued member of the primary care team, the RN is strategically placed to optimize exercising his/her knowledge and expertise in roles such as clinician, coordinator, consultant, educator for patient, families and students, leader, and advocate.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of the health center in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions
2. Work collaboratively with the Primary Care Nurse Practitioners and the Primary Care Department and teams to provide comprehensive primary care for all patients.
3. Provide primary care services to patients of all ages, including: phone/walk-in triage, patient education, counseling, family planning activities, coordinate appointments and referrals, assist in obtaining needed services and supplies.
4. Provide direct patient care activities within the scope of the Registered Nurse including blood pressure checks and hypertension group visits, diabetic follow-up and group appointments, retinal eye exam screenings, patient-centered education and other tasks as delegated and assigned by the Primary Care Nurse Practitioners.
5. Provides care and management for patients with a wide range of health issues. As an integral member of the health team, RNs provide care for complex patients and those that require extra time, and provides education that is responsive to the needs of the patient to optimize health, enhance understanding of health status, and engage the patient in managing their own health while anticipating challenges and barriers.
6. Participates in training, orientation, competency assessment and education of new employees.
7. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
8. Serves as a resource person to other staff in the area of one’s own clinical expertise.
9. Manage prior authorization of prescriptions and treatments as well as assist with problems concerning medication refills that are not within the routine refill process established at the health center.
10. Collaborate with integrated services such as behavioral health, nutrition, mind/body, and creative arts to provide support and holistic care for all patients.
11. Maintain laboratory standards and policies for designated level at facility.
12. Assures that yearly competencies are done, as necessary.
13. Participate in health education and promotion activities in collaboration with the Primary Care Coordinator, the Director of Community Health and Wellness and the Center Director.
14. Assist and facilitate student experiences in primary care
15. Maintain HIPAA regulations via training and supervision of support personal and maintenance of an overall environment that promotes and supports patient confidentiality.
16. Attendance and participation in meetings, in-services, educational programs and other activities as deemed appropriate.
17. Implement and maintain quality improvement activities related to Primary Care, in collaboration with the Primary Care Coordinator and the Center Director.
18. Maintain current Health Center policies and guidelines.
19. Maintain current RN license and required number of continuing education credits.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• At least 5 years’ experience as a RN; experience in an outpatient practice setting, preferred
• Current RN license from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• Knowledge of primary health care and the social determinants of health
• Knowledge of concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, behavior change counseling, program planning, individual and group counseling
• Nursing care knowledge related to primary care/community health/chronic disease management
• Excellent organizational skills to manage numerous practice activities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in computer skills, familiarity with Electronic Medical Records and willingness to learn all computer systems
• Demonstrates initiative, leadership and a high level of nursing skill
• Unconditional ability to maintain HIPAA regulations
• Leadership skills that include the ability and desire to champion teambuilding within Primary Care
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility
• Demonstrates effective time management skills and follow through
Support the Center’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff. Uphold the commitments that include: non-violence, emotional intelligence, social learning, open communication, social responsibility, democracy, and growth and change. Specifically:
• Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
• Awareness and sensitivity to the structural conditions and power dynamics involved in systems of oppression embedded in health care that impacts health
• Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
• Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe.
• Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
• Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West Philly housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS); a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia – QCare; one health center in York, PA.—East Side Health Center. Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities. Network services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status