Family Practice & Counseling Network a nurse managed organization is seeking a Director of Finance which will be responsible for leading and overseeing all financial aspects of FPCN including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, reimbursement, and other financial matters.
Team members are expected to uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
1. Responsible for budget preparation, forecasting and financial reporting.
2. Responsible for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and with all pertinent federal, state, and local regulations as they pertain to health center finances.
3. Responsible for grants administration and financial reporting, including federal and foundation grants, state grants.
4. Responsible for overseeing the monthly preparation review, and analysis of all financial statements and reports. Prepares necessary cost reports ad required by Federally Qualified
Health Center (FQHC).
5. Responsible for participating in the annual financial and compliance (A-133) audits.
6. Leads the annual budget process in conjunction with Budget Manager, working closely with the management team and the core leadership team to project accurately the trends and financial
activities of the health center.
7. Responsible for overseeing the financial performance of grant programs, the annual operating and capital budgets, and patient billing.
8. Oversees all processes within the revenue cycle, including but not limited to charge capture, billing, revenue recognitions, collections, cash controls and/or follow-up.
9. Responsible for cash management for the health center in accordance with its cash management policies and best practices.
10. Leads and participates in departmental meetings and participate in general staff meetings.
11. Sets performance goals and monitors them.
12. Supervises Budget Manager, Credentialing Manager, Revenue Cycle Manager, Accountant, A/R Analyst, Fiscal Operations Coordinator, and Revenue Cycle Specialist.
13. Provide staff development and training including establishing goals and objectives for each direct report and monitor the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
14. Participate in the hiring of department financial staff within as well as other financial positions in the organization.
15. Assists with and provides training in all areas of responsibility to all users and/or customers, including the creation and maintenance of training materials.
16. Provides customer service to other departments and RHD programs.
17. Maintains policies and procedures.
18. As part of the core leadership team, participates in strategic planning and setting the overall direction of the health enter with regard to supporting financial decisions and
financial analysis of health center programs and initiatives.
19. Plans and participates in monthly finance committee meetings, interacts regularly with the finance committee as appropriate, and participates in monthly board meetings.
20. Responsible for participation in strategic planning and financial forecasting.
21. Works collaboratively with Resources for Human Development’s (RHD) fiscal departments.
22. Works on additional projects and tasks as needed and/or as requested by the Executive Director.
1. Works in harmonious partnership with health center staff to further FPCN’s mission and vision, to accomplish common goals, and to coordinate various activities.
2. Adheres to policies and procedures of the health center and the regulations of governing agencies as they affect the department, recommending changes where appropriate.
1. As a representative of FPCN, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct effect on the organization’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with g
guests, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, and other employees must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. Personal and
professional behavior should promote positive relations and an atmosphere which is consistent with FPCN’s mission and vision statements, standards, and guidelines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or Master’s degree
2. 5-7 years Financial Management experience preferably in a Primary Medical Care setting.
3. Minimum of 5 years Management/Supervisory experience.
1. Proven analytical skills, experience with a diversity of businesses, and the ability to drive success in complex initiatives within a fast-paced environment are a must. Must thrive in
a joint environment and possess the ability to foster strong internal and external relationships.
2. Finance Director will have a collaborative, inclusive, and collegial leadership style; personal integrity; demonstrated good judgment, intellectual curiosity; resilience; energy; and
commitment to the mission of FPCN and RHD values
3. Financial experience in a medial setting, particularly in a Federally Qualified Health Center, and experience in medical billing and grants management are desirable.
4. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
5. Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to be concurrently involved in many activities and to work under pressure to meet goals/deadlines.
6. Requires strong project management skills.
7. Experience with managing consultants.
8. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and public speaking.
9. Comfortable working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West Philly housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS); a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia-Fast Family Care. Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities. Network services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.