Esperanza Health Center, a faith-based, bilingual, primary care health center ministry in Philadelphia, seeks a full-time or part-time dentist. The dentist will be responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community health center setting. The dentist supervises the dental assistants and dental hygienists of the community health center in the absence of the Lead Dentist.
Education, Skills, and Experience
• Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the Pennsylvania, required
• Current CPR (BLS) certification, required
• Pennsylvania DEA registrations, required
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, or willingness to participate in overseas immersion language training, required
• Comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient setting
• Current knowledge of principles and practices of modern dentistry as related to public health organizations and community health programs
• Familiarity with current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary care
• Must be able to provide wholistic primary care that integrates faith and work
This is a salaried position that includes a generous fringe benefit package including vacation, sick and holiday paid time off, medical and dental insurance coverage, 401(k) retirement savings plan and life and long term disability insurance. HPSA score eligible for NHSC student loan repayment program.