**** Join Our Team!**
Delaware Valley Community Health (DVCH) is currently recruiting for a LCSW professional for a Behavioral Health Consultant position. This position is a core member of our primary care team to enhance the management of health care provided at our community focused health center located in North Philadelphia. The behavioral health care provider is responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of assigned patients in conjunction with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other behavioral health providers.
This is an opportunity to be an integral member of a primary care behavioral team approach in a patient-centered medical home environment . The ideal candidate will be dedicated to providing quality health care and a commitment to work with the underserved and uninsured community residents of our service areas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Provides a brief primary level of behavioral health intervention that mirrors primary care practice, is embedded within the primary care practice and available for on-demand consultations.
• Assists the primary care provider and their patient panel and does not develop an independent therapy caseload.
• Performs a Behavioral health functional assessment of the patient and focuses on improving patient’s quality of life and problem solving skills.
• Completes all charts as needed and required by contracted funding sources, including assessments, progress notes and billing.
• Triages appropriate patients to mental health, substance abuse and other community services.
• Identifies, refers and advocates for patients needing specialty behavioral health services and/or other services as needed.
• Provides superior patient service demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• PA license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of psychotropic medications and their indications.
• Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples and groups who have behavioral health/ substance abuse problems in a primary care setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients and other behavioral health clinicians.
• Excellent engagement, assessment, and clinical skills.
• Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of NextGen preferred but not required.
• Experience in a hospital, health organization or mental health agency setting preferred.
If you are looking for an opportunity to enjoy both professional excellence and a balanced lifestyle, join us at DVCH, a non-profit organization managing multiple health centers in North Philadelphia and Norristown. Learn more about DVCH and its services at www.dvch.org.
* All interested candidates, please send your resume and salary requirements to be considered for the position. *