The Dental Assistant assists the Dentists in providing direct patient care, including both routine and emergency treatment, and maintains proper dental records and timely completion of billing information. The Dental Assistant also serves as back-up general clerical support to primary care teams and general customer service for health center patients and visitors.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of an accredited dental assisting program or equivalent dental assisting experience preferred.
• Must be certified to expose radiographs in Pennsylvania
• Medical or dental office experience or background required.
• Minimum of one year dental assisting experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of dental instruments, general dentistry procedures, and infection control
Programs strongly preferred.
• Attendance required at assigned CHDC site(s)
• Bilingual/bicultural preferred