The Primary Care Physician is responsible for delivery of quality medical care to patients of the Center and functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team within the scope of his or her medical practice.
1. Provides clinical services
a. Maintains clinical expertise and competency (to include age specific competency) as well as demonstrates thorough knowledge of procedures to deliver quality primary health care.
b. Provides clinic sessions, as scheduled, in direct patient care at clinic site, including extended hours clinics.
c. Provides a minimum of four thousand two hundred (4200) primary care encounters for the contract year and provides services equaling to at least (40) hours per week in clinic.
d. Examines, diagnoses, treats and/or refers patients; prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
e. Refers patients for appropriate specialty care services, lab and x-ray and any other ancillary services that are appropriate for patient’s management and care. Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis and makes medical management decisions appropriately. Follows appropriate standards of care for each patient.
f. Ensures that a patient and family/significant others are educated about diagnosis and the plan of care. Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary.
2. Maintains professional courtesy at all times.
3. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience
• Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine
• Current unrestricted Pennsylvania medical license
• Board Certified or Board Eligible
• Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty
• Must be registered and have current DEA
• One (1) year of practice experience as a physician giving direct patient care
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exclusive list of all duties and skills required in order to perform the work. The health center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises.